Gove Helicopter Scenic Flight
HELICOPTER SCENIC FLIGHT
DEPARTING GOVE AIRPORT
The Gove Peninsula, located in the northeastern corner of Anrhem Land in the Northern Territory has an amazing history. The land is owned by the traditional owners the Yolngu people and the township of Nhulunbuy located in the Gove Peninsula is 1000km east of Darwin by road.
The pristine Gove Peninsula is made up of escarpments, wetlands and woodlands and was strategically important during World War 2 and was involved in the defence of Australia.
Our 30 minute scenic flight covers many of the amazing sites that make up the Gove Peninsula. See it from our perspective – from the air!
30 MINUTE SCENIC FLIGHT
We will departure from our Gove Airport Hangar and track to the East over beautiful East Arnhem land, once we reach the coast we will track north west along the coast past Rocky Bay, up and around Yirrkala township, then continue on past Rainbow Cliff/ Turtle Head.
From there we will fly along the coastline to Nhulunbuy Surf club and then veer off to fly over Bremer Island and Banu Banu resort that overlooks the Arafura Sea.
Then back along East Woody and West Woody Beach, past the Refinery and Nhulunbuy Boat Club before flying back over land along the Latram river before heading back to base.
Please note: actual flight path may differ on the day due to adverse weather conditions.
THE HELICOPTER DIFFERENCE
Compared to fixed wing aircraft, our helicopters have enhanced maneuverability and are fitted with oversized viewing windows creating a premium scenic flight experience. Your pilot can easily adjust speed, altitude and direction of travel in response to wildlife sightings or other points of interest while ensuring passengers on both sides of the aircraft receive equal chance to capture that perfect photo opportunity.
All guests are supplied with headsets fitted with voice activated microphones to enjoy the live inflight commentary and allow conversation directly with your pilot and other passengers.
- 30 minute scenic flight from Gove Airport
- Commentary from our experienced pilot
30 MINUTE SCENIC FLIGHT GOVE
Operates year round
Depart Gove Airport (Nautilus Aviation Hangar: on request
Total Duration: 30 minutes total flying time
All tickets $399pp (minimum 2 passengers)Enquire Now
Pilot: Steve Apperley
Ph: 1800 88 HELI (4354)
WHAT TO BRING
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended) & water and any specific items you may require
- All helicopter pricing is per seat, independent of age.
- Infants aged 0-2 years can fly free of charge on the lap of a parent or guardian with a maximum of 1 infant per flight (as per CASA regulations).
- Passengers 3 years and older must occupy their own seat.
- Payload limits apply to all aircraft. Accurate individual passenger body weights are required at time of booking.
- Maximum individual seat weight limit of 130kg applies.
- Make own way to Gove Airport (transfers not included).
- From Gove (Nhulunbuy) town continue along Melville Bay Road to Gove (East – Arnhem) Airport – Nautilus Aviation hangar on Old Dhumpuma Rd.
- Please come into the office 15 minutes prior to your flight where your pilot will meet you and conduct a safety briefing.