Australian Outback Experiencefrom Cairns
Beyond the Tablelands and over outback terrain, be transported to one of the most fascinating periods of Australian History.
160km west of Cairns, arrive at Mount Mulligan Station – a working cattle station rich in Australian and Dreamtime history. Be welcomed by the 18km sandstone ridge that is Mount Mulligan. Larger than Uluru, its majestic beauty is mother nature at her best. Mined for coal, rushed for gold and farmed for cattle, guest experiences include tours of the old township, historic cemetery and mine ruins, plus a stop at the historical Tyrconnell mine. Built in 1876, Tyrconnell was the most famous mine at the centre of the Hodgkinson goldfield.
- Departs: On-demand, approx. 4 hour
- Price: $1050 per person
- New Price as of 1st of April 2019: $1,200per person
Half Day Tour Includes
- Return scenic flight over rainforest and outback
- Tour of Mount Mulligan township and ruins
- Tour of Tyrconnell historical gold mine
- Gourmet picnic hamper with sparkling wine
- Approx. 4 hours
*Minimum two passengers