Quicksilver Outer Reef
QUICKSILVER GREAT BARRIER REEF
HELICOPTER & CRUISE PACKAGES – DEPARTING PORT DOUGLAS
Nautilus Aviation have partnered with Quicksilver to deliver you the complete Great Barrier Reef experience, from above and below the water.
Upgrade your cruise to or from the reef to a scenic helicopter flight providing reduced travel time and a unique aerial perspective that showcases the vibrant hues and sheer expanse of the reefs thriving coral gardens – an opportunity not to be missed! See below for all flight options.
Quicksilvers high speed wavepiercer catamaran will transport you in spacious comfort to their stable, all-weather reef activity platform on renowned Agincourt Reef, a magnificent ribbon reef located on the very edge of Australia’s continental shelf. Here, clear ocean waters encourage rich coral growth that in turn supports a myriad of spectacular marine life.
Floating like an island in the Coral Sea, the spacious dual level platform is the perfect base from which to explore the reef, no matter your age, swimming ability or activity level.
Snorkel, Scuba Dive, watch the lively fish feeding demonstration from the Underwater Observatory or learn more about this intricate ecosystem on an informative Semi-Submersible tour.
Pontoon facilities include ample undercover seating, fresh water rinse showers, changing rooms and a spacious sundeck with lounges where you can enjoy lunch while overlooking the stunning coral sea.
The 35 minute scenic flight between Port Douglas and Agincourt Reef delivers stunning panoramic views extending from the tropical rainforest clad coastline, across the azure waters of the Coral Sea and into the very heart of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
The flight path includes famous 4 Mile Beach, Cape Kimberley, Daintree River Mouth, Snapper Island, stunning Undine Sand Cay and St Crispins Reef (refer map below).
Your highly skilled pilot will share their local knowledge of the region while on the lookout for Turtles, Dolphins, Manta Rays, large schools of pelagic fish as well as Dwarf Minke and majestic Humpback Whales (Jul-Sep).
Departing from Quicksilvers Agincourt Activity Pontoon the 10 Minute Scenic Flights are visually spectacular and an experience you will never forget.
From the second you lift off, enjoy sweeping views of this World Heritage Listed icon – the colours and sheer scale of the reef will amaze. Do not forget your camera!
- Cruise + 10 minute Scenic Flight package.
10 min reef-scenic flights can also be purchased on-board on the day however seats are limited and fill fast so we suggest pre-booking to avoid disappointment.
- Fast Wavepiercer catamaran transfers to/from the reef
- Reef presentation by a Marine Biologist
- Up to 3 hours at the reef (dependant on package booked)
- Morning and afternoon tea onboard
- Hot & Cold tropical lunch
- All snorkelling equipment including buoyancy aids and stinger/lycra suits
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
- Underwater observatory with lively fish feeding presentation
- Freshwater showers and change rooms
- Introductory Diving* – no experience necessary
- Certified Diving*
- Ocean Walker – dive experience without getting your head wet!
- Guided Snorkel Safari with a Marine Biologist
- Return luxury coach transfers ex Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation to Port Douglas
* Dive safety briefings are conducted on the boat on route to the reef. As such, Fly/Cruise passengers are not able to scuba dive.
REEF & RAINFOREST PACKAGES
The Cairns & Great Barrier Reef region is the only place on earth where two World Heritage Listed regions exist side by side, being Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and Wet Tropical Rainforest.
Nautilus Aviation in partnership with Quicksilver Cruises & Down Under Coach Tours have created a convenient 2 Day package showcasing both of these must-see destinations.
Please note: actual flight path may differ on the day due to adverse weather conditions and/or air traffic control.
FLY / CRUISE
Fly to the Reef & Cruise Return 35 minutes flying, 2hrs:45mins at the reef Depart Port Douglas: 11:10 Arrive Port Douglas: 16:30
All tickets $597ppBook Now
CRUISE / FLY
Cruise to the Reef & Fly Return 35 minutes flying, 2 hrs:45mins at the reef Depart Port Douglas: 10:00 Arrive Port Douglas: 15:30
All tickets $597ppEnquire Now
FLY / FLY
Fly to the Reef & Fly Return 70 minutes flying, 2hrs:30mins hours at the reef Depart Port Douglas: 11:10 Arrive Port Douglas:: 15:30
All tickets $1,015ppBook Now
CRUISE + 10 MINUTE SCENIC FLIGHT
Cruise both ways + 10 minute scenic flight ex Reef 10 minutes flying, 3 hours at the reef Depart Port Douglas: 10:00 Arrive Port Douglas: 16:30
Child $327ppBook Now
ALREADY BOOKED WITH QUICKSILVER TO THE OUTER REEF?
Add a 10 minute scenic flight to your day 10 minutes flying, 3 hours at the reef
All tickets $199ppBook Now
Return accommodation coach transfers are available from Cairns CBD & Northern Beaches & Port Douglas accommodation. Charges apply.
Cairns CBD & Northern Beaches (up to and including Palm Cove): $34/adult, $18/child & $86/family
Port Douglas: $18/adult, $9/child & $45/family
For self drive passengers ample parking is available in close proximity to the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort Port Douglas.
WHAT TO BRING
We suggest packing a small soft sided bag as if you were going to the beach for the day, including:
- Camera (underwater digital cameras also available for hire on the boat)
- Sunglasses – polarised lens is recommended
- Swimming costume
- Hat, towel, sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended)
- A dry change of clothes including a jumper in winter
- Cash or Card for any onboard purchases
- All helicopter pricing is per seat, independent of age.
- Infants aged 0-2 years can fly free of charge on the lap of a parent or guardian with a maximum of 1 infant per flight (as per CASA regulations).
- Passengers 3 years and older must occupy their own seat.
- When booking a cruise and scenic flight package a child aged 3 years will be charged for the helicopter component only and travel free of charge on the cruise.
- Child pricing on Quicksilver applies to guests 4-14 years.
- Payload limits apply to all aircraft. Accurate individual passenger body weights are required at time of booking.
- Maximum individual seat weight limit of 130kg applies.
- The minimum age to dive is 12 years with parent/guardian permission.
- All divers must complete a medical questionnaire/declaration on-board.
- Certain medical conditions (eg asthma, heart disease, diabetes) and/or prescription medication may prevent some people from diving.
- After diving, intervals of 12-24 hours are recommended before you travel to more than 300m (or 1000ft), depending on the number, depths and duration of dives.