Great Adventures Green Island & Outer Reef
GREEN ISLAND & GREAT BARRIER REEF
HELICOPTER & CRUISE PACKAGES DEPARTING CAIRNS
The Green Island & Great Barrier Reef Adventure is the complete reef and island experience combining a leisurely morning on the unique rainforest covered coral cay of Green Island followed by an afternoon exploring the majestic Outer Reef from the spacious Great Adventures reef activity platform.
Spend the day visiting the Great Barrier Reef after a once in a lifetime opportunity to take a breath taking Reef Scenic Helicopter Flight, an experience you will be talking about for years to come!
Departing Cairns by scenic helicopter, enjoy a short stop over at this accessible island paradise. Surrounded by reef filled with diverse marine life Green Island is unique being the only coral cay on the Great Barrier Reef with its own tropical rainforest.
The scenic flight option from Cairns to Green Island is one of the most spectacular and varied in the region. In a single 20 minute flight you’ll witness sweeping views over Arlington and Upolo Reefs plus stunning Vlasoff Sand Cay before a birds eye view of Green Island with its glistening white beaches, emerald green rainforest and extensive fringing reef. Do not forget your camera!
SELECT PACKAGE: FLY / CRUISE / CRUISE
Laze on the beach, swim, snorkel, take a walk in the rainforest, or relax poolside and take advantage of the islands resort facilities.
INCLUDED AT GREEN ISLAND
- Morning tea / coffee
- Between 1 and 2 hours on Green Island (dependant on package booked)
- Self Guided Eco Island Walk
- Snorkelling Equipment
- Exclusive use of the island swimming pool & resort day-visitor facilities
From Green Island the adventure continues with a fast catamaran (45 mins) to the Great Adventures outer reef activity platform.
OUTER REEF ACTIVITY PLATFORM
The Great Adventures reef activity platform is a stable, all-weather base allowing visitors to explore the reef in comfort. Whatever your age, swimming ability or activity level there is something for everyone!
Snorkel, SCUBA dive or stay dry and visit the underwater reef observatory for a fun and informative Eco Reef Talk from a local marine expert. The Semi-Submersible is a great family activity providing views of the reef from below the waterline without setting foot in the water and includes live commentary with fascinating insights into this complex ecosystem.
You will have worked up an appetite by now and the included hot and cold tropical lunch will hit the spot! Dine in comfort aboard the air-conditioned catamaran or take to the upper sundeck and soak up the tropical ambience.
Operating from a floating helipad moored alongside the Great Adventures platform, our 10 minute Outer Reef Scenic Flights are visually spectacular and highlight the vastness and structure of this intricate reef system.
From the second you lift off, enjoy sweeping views of this World Heritage Listed icon – the colours and sheer scale of the reef will amaze. Do not forget your camera!
INCLUDED AT THE OUTER REEF
- Up to 3 hours at the Great Adventures reef activity platform (dependant on package booked)
- All snorkelling equipment including buoyancy devices, lycra suits and friendly instruction for beginners
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour with commentary
- Underwater Observatory and Eco Reef Talk
- Hot and cold tropical lunch
- Afternoon tea and coffee whilst on the platform
Your Green Island & Great Barrier Reef Adventure concludes with a 90 minute fast catamaran cruise back to Cairns!
- The Environmental Management Charge (EMC) is included in the price of your cruise ticket.
Please note: actual flight path may differ on the day due to adverse weather conditions and/or air traffic control. Great Adventures also have a pontoon at Moore Reef. The reef site visited is selected by the cruise operator.
Please note: actual flight path may differ on the day due to adverse weather conditions and/or air traffic control. Great Adventures also have a pontoon at Norman Reef. The reef site visited is selected by the cruise operator.
SCENIC FLIGHT OPTIONS
FLY / CRUISE / CRUISE
Fly to Green Island > Cruise to Outer Reef > Cruise back to Cairns
20 minutes flying, 1 hour on Green Island, 3 hours at the Outer Reef
Depart Cairns: 09:50
Arrive Cairns: 17:30
From $588ppBook Now
CRUISE / CRUISE / FLY
Cruise to Green Island > Cruise to Outer Reef > Fly back to Cairns
2 hours on Green Island, 2hrs:45mins at the Outer Reef, 25 minutes flying
Depart Cairns: 08:30
Arrive Cairns: 15:30
From $588ppEnquire Now
CRUISE / CRUISE / 10 MINUTE SCENIC / CRUISE
Cruise to Green Island > Cruise to Outer Reef > 10 minute scenic flight > Cruise back to Cairns Depart Cairns: 08:30 Arrive Cairns: 17:30
From $473pp (Adult - 15 yrs+)
From $347pp Child (4-14 yrs)Book Now
WHAT TO BRING
We suggest packing a small soft sided bag as if you were going to the beach for the day, including:
- Camera (underwater digital cameras also available for hire on the boat)
- Sunglasses – polarised lens is recommended
- Swimming costume
- Hat, towel, sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended)
- A dry change of clothes including a jumper in winter
- Cash or Card for any onboard purchases
- All helicopter pricing is per seat, independent of age.
- Infants aged 0-2 years can fly free of charge on the lap of a parent or guardian with a maximum of 1 infant per flight (as per CASA regulations).
- Passengers 3 years and older must occupy their own seat.
- When booking a cruise and scenic flight package a child aged 3 years will be charged for the helicopter component only and travel free of charge on the cruise.
- Child pricing on Great Adventures applies to guests 4-14 years.
- Payload limits apply to all aircraft. Accurate individual passenger body weights are required at time of booking.
- Maximum individual seat weight limit of 130kg applies.
- The minimum age to dive is 12 years with parent/guardian permission.
- All divers must complete a medical questionnaire/declaration on-board.
- Certain medical conditions (eg asthma, heart disease, diabetes) and/or prescription medication may prevent some people from diving.
- After diving, intervals of 12-24 hours are recommended before you travel to more than 300m (or 1000ft), depending on the number, depths and duration of dives.