Scenic Accommodation Transfers
SCENIC ACCOMMODATION TRANSFERS
DEPARTING OR RETURNING TO CAIRNS AIRPORT (GENERAL AVIATION)
Imagine arriving at your accommodation in style via helicopter or even returning to Cairns post your stay. Given our diverse fleet of aircraft, Nautilus Aviation can make this a reality for you.
Departing in your private charter helicopter you will enjoy scenic views as we transport you to your holiday destination.
Our most popular scenic accommodation transfer package is between Cairns and our Port Douglas Helipad located at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort and is a great landing point for anywhere you are staying in Port Douglas. This option includes a coach service (Exemplar Limousines) that collects you from Cairns Domestic Airport before transferring you to our General Aviation Heliport (Hanger 7). Your luggage will then be transported to your nominated accommodation in Port Douglas. This itinerary can also be reversed.
Passengers who do not require the private coach transfer can just book the helicopter scenic transfer standalone and these rates are available on request.
Nautilus Aviation can also offer scenic accommodation transfers to Daintree Eco Lodge*, Thala Beach Lodge, Green Island Resort only 20 minutes from Cairns, Orpheus Island Lodge* ex Townsville, Mt Mulligan Lodge* west of Cairns, Lizard and Bedarra Islands.
* Nautilus Aviation provides 1 daily scheduled helicopter transfer Mt Mulligan Lodge and 1 daily scheduled helicopter transfer to Orpheus Island Lodge. For information and bookings for Mt Mulligan Lodge, Orpheus Island Lodge and Daintree Eco Lodge please contact Northern Escapes Collection
- Scenic transfer to / from Nautilus Aviation Hangar 7 (General Aviation) to accommodation
- Inflight commentary
- Headsets with voice activated microphones
- Modern, air-conditioned helicopters
- Private Coach Transfers for where applicable
- Robinson 44 – 3 Seats (Max Payload 240KG)
- Bell 505X – 4 Seats (Max Payload 320KG)
- Bell 206L Long Ranger – 6 Seats (Max Payload 460KG)
- Bell 407 – 6 Seats (Max Payload 600KG)
- Airbus H130 – 6/7 Seats (Max Payload 520KG)
Passengers may select the aircraft option of their choice, however the combined weight of all passengers and luggage must comply with aircraft limitations.
- Nautilus Aviation scenic accommodation transfers depart from or return to Cairns Airport General Aviation (Hangar 7, Bush Pilots Avenue, Aeroglen QLD 4870).
- For scenic accommodation transfers (excluding the Cairns to Port Douglas package and Northern Escape Collection bookings), passengers are required to make their own way to / from Cairns Domestic Airport to Hangar 7.
- Please note, excess luggage may be stored at the Nautilus Aviation Office or passengers can organise alternate transport for the additional luggage to reach or return their accommodation.
- Helicopters have a limited capacity for the carrying of luggage. It is for this reason all passengers are restricted to a maximum allowance of 15kg per person (including hand luggage).
- Due to the size and dimensions of helicopter cargo compartments, luggage is required to be packed into 1x carry on size case or soft duffle bag per person.
- Permissions to carry additional luggage for infants is subject to the combined weight (passengers and luggage) being under aircraft specifications on the day of travel. Full size prams do not fit in luggage compartments and capsules/child seats cannot be fitted in the helicopter.
SCENIC ACCOMMODATION TRANSFERS
Cairns to Port Douglas (Sheraton Mirage Helipad) pricing including private coach transfers and luggage transportation
R44 (3 Seats) - $1,550.00
Bell 505X (4 Seats) - $2,250.00
Bell 206L Longranger (6 Seats) - $2,700.00
Bell 407 (6 Seats) - $3,200.00 & Airbus H125 or H130 - $3,450.00
All other accommodation scenic transfer pricing is provided on request
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunglasses – polarised recommended for best viewing
- Small duffle bag for luggage if advised