Kakadu National Park
KAKADU NATIONAL PARK
Kakadu National Park is a timeless masterpiece of seasonally changing landscapes. Located 200km west of Darwin and covering nearly 20,000 square kilometres (half the size of Switzerland) it is Australia’s largest National Park and tops the must-see list for any visitor to the Top End.
Recognised for both it’s natural and cultural values, Kakadu is one of only four places in Australia to have a dual World Heritage listing, consisting of extensive river systems, vast wetlands, monsoonal forests and thundering waterfalls with ancient rock art dating back 65,000 years!
For those wanting to experience Kakadu in a single day, travelling by scenic helicopter is the practical choice providing a true appreciation of the scale and variety of the parks unique landscapes, while ensuring you don’t miss any of the highlights – no matter what the season.
Flight time is a total of 3 hours return (6 hours by road) so we cover a lot of ground and see a remarkable amount along the way, much of it inaccessible by any other means of transport.
With periods of torrential rain as well as long dry spells, Kakadu has many faces. The focus of individual flights will vary with the seasons and be tailored to ensure you receive the best possible Kakadu experience. Refer to the below flight path map for an overview.
- Adelaide and Mary Rivers – vast river / wetland systems and associated wildlife
- The Alligator River region – one of the richest biological regions in Australia named by ancient explorers who mistakenly identified Saltwater Crocodiles for Alligators.
- Kakadu / West Arnhem Land – breathtaking vistas as we overfly the stunning and seemingly endless rock escarpments forming the border of these regions
- Jabiru Township – quick refuelling break
- Cooinda – lunch stop
- Yellow Water Cruise (90 minutes) – up close crocodiles encounters and a vast array of birdlife including Jacana, Egrets, Jabiru, Sea Eagles, Magpie Geese and more.
- Corroboree Billabong & Djukbinj National Park – during return flight to base.
JIM JIM AND TWIN FALLS – OPTIONAL EXTRA
Tailor your Kakadu Experience to include a flight over the mighty Jim Jim and Twin Falls (refer flightpath map). A highly recommended experience after heavy wet season rains when waters roar off the towering escarpments and into the gorges below while making all access roads impassable.
THE HELICOPTER DIFFERENCE
Compared to fixed wing aircraft, our helicopters have enhanced maneuverability and are fitted with oversized viewing windows creating a premium scenic flight experience. Your pilot can easily adjust speed, altitude and direction of travel in response to wildlife sightings or other points of interest while ensuring passengers on both sides of the aircraft receive equal chance to capture that perfect photo opportunity.
All guests are supplied with headsets fitted with voice activated microphones to enjoy the live inflight commentary and allow conversation directly with your pilot and other passengers.
- 3 hour return scenic flight
- Commentary from our experienced pilots
- Eco-rated modern, air-conditioned helicopters
- Lunch at Cooinda
- 90 minute Yellow Water Cruise
- Complimentary chilled water
Please note: actual flight path may differ slightly dependent on the season and on the day due to adverse weather conditions.
KAKADU NATIONAL PARK AND YELLOW WATER CRUISE
3 hours flying time, 1 hour Yellow Water Cruise
Depart Darwin Airport: 08:45
Arrive Darwin Airport: 16:15
From $2,400pp (minimum 2 passengers)Book Now
WHAT TO BRING
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended)
- All helicopter pricing is per seat, independent of age.
- Infants aged 0-2 years can fly free of charge on the lap of a parent or guardian with a maximum of 1 infant per flight (as per CASA regulations).
- Passengers 3 years and older must occupy their own seat.
- Payload limits apply to all aircraft. Accurate individual passenger body weights are required at time of booking.
- Maximum individual seat weight limit of 130kg applies.
- Yellow Water Cruise – For cancellations or reduction in passengers a charge of $20 per booking will be incurred. The full cost of the booking will be charged if you cancel inside 48 hours prior to the tour.